It's high time Max gets the spotlight on the blog. Life as a little brother includes lots of attending big brothers various activities. It's a whole other thing when your brother is a newly diagnosed diabetic. As hard as I try to give them equal attention, I can't help but feel that Max has been getting the shaft lately. Usually this is when he decides to be extra naughty. Things are beginning to settle down, and I am planning on utilizing the next 3 months without a new baby or school to really focus on Max. He is such a sensitive, funny, unique, loving, passionate, and stubborn little boy. I am constantly entertained by him.
His favorite foods lately have been dino nuggets, chocolate milk, frosted mini wheats (strawberry variety), toast with jam, popsicles, ham and cheese subway sandwiches, and bananas. I'm pretty sure we have all the food groups covered...right? I think he is eating a chip in this picture.
He gets in a mood every once in awhile when he loves to smile for the camera. Very rarely, he will respond when you call him Max. He changes characters multiple times during the day, depending on his mood. He ranges from Darth Maul, The Emperor, Jango Fett, Leonardo, Peacock (villain in Kung Fu Panda 2), red power ranger, Buzz Lightyear, Ewok, Simon (Alvin and the Chipmunks), and Nigel. Always in character, he never forgets to take his pretend glasses or mask off before bed, and always puts his swords behind him when he's finished fighting.
He is constantly in his swimming suit or his pajama bottoms. That way he thinks he doesn't have to wear underwear. He loves going commando.
He adores his cousins. Jack is the one he sees most often. They love to dig in the dirt together.
Jack doesn't even mind being splashed directly in the face by him.
Max plays hard most of the day but he saves me in the afternoon by watching episode after episode of Max and Ruby. We have 42 different episodes on the DVR and he knows the title of every single one.
Max loves Hank! He has learned so much about diabetes just by observing. When he is extra tired he will come to me and say "Mom, I feel low. I think I need juice or fruit snacks." He races to find Hank's glucose tester whenever Hank needs it and is always very concerned if Hank cries after a shot. Every night he tells me he needs his night time snack like Hank before bed. When we get in the car he asks me if I remembered Hank's diabetes bag.
I can't forget to include Max's current playlist. It is random at best and totally my child!
OMG (Usher)
DJ Caught Us Falling in Love Again (Usher)
Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Billie Jean ( Michael Jackson)
Christmas Sarajevo (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Teach Me How To Jimmer
Do the John Wall (Troop 41)
When you see me cruising down the street, guaranteed we are listening to one of these songs. He loves music so much. Not only does he memorize the words but he also memorizes the beats.
Max is very motivated by our sticker chart. He gets stickers for helping mom, being nice to Hank, and putting his clothes in the laundry. He knows he gets a sticker off if he hits or kicks and I really think I've seen an improvement in his behavior because of it. It could also be because my baby is nearly four years old! How is that possible? I love my little boy so very much. I can't imagine life without him.
4 comments:
Max definitely brings a spark to every occasion. Words cannot express how much I look forward to who Max is going to be everyday. His little commando butt just warms my heart! What a hilarious little rat he is! Definitely one of a kind!
My favorite part about Max is his chip shrapnel....AND when I get to be with him one-on-one...just the 2 of us- cracks ME UP!!
What a sweet post for our Max. He really does have the cutest and most clever sense of humor...he and I have had some really good laughs and as of late, he has become a G. Jackie lover....I love it. He is one of a kind and am so thankful that he is in our family. He brings so much joy, humor, love and the occasional.."What the hell, Max?" to all of us. Here's to Max...OUR Max!
AWWW! Oh Leonardo. What is it about the second child that loves to be naked. Cy is wearing his swimsuit to bed lately so he won't have to wear underwear. You, Crystal, Max, and Cy... all butt-naked lovers. Go figure!
The commando style... he is seriously his father's son! Max is a sweetheart. Times flies - hard to imagine he's almost 4. I think he will be an awesome big brother to "Crusher".
Post a Comment