The good times just keep coming for the Griffin family. Jeri and Scott invited us up to the cabin last weekend and I'm so glad they did. It is absolutely beautiful up there and the perfect place for some quality family bonding time. We brought our 4-wheelers and that's pretty much all the boys wanted to do.
The kids quickly took time to eat some pizza and then it was out on the wheelers.
Hank is getting more confident on his little 4-wheeler. I can't believe the difference from last year. He was so sweet to take turns with Max and Colby all weekend. I can't believe how well Max can drive it as well! His driving usually ended quickly because he said his thumb was sore from pushing the gas. I was fine with that because then he got to ride with me.
I love riding with Max. He provides commentary the entire ride.
Lennon and Sam provided so much entertainment. I could watch those two interact all day. They are hilarious.
They loved to fight over the Kindle.
They got along as long as Lennon was holding it!
Jeri introduced us to a fun game called "Suspension". Max was so good at it.
He came up with the most creative ways to hang his sticks.
Hank managed to get dirtier than everyone else while he was riding.
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
While the boys were riding, Lennon and Sam were wrestling.
Sam had lots of time to cuddle with Grandma.
We also had a serious family arm wrestling tournament.
Kunz was so proud she could beat Dyson.
After all that arm wrestling, it was time for smores.
While we enjoyed smores, Sam enjoyed the dirt.
What mom? Can't a boy play in the dirt?
Jeri snapped this cute picture of my family.
Then it was time for a sink tub for Sammy-boy.
I couldn't stop taking pictures of him. His expressions are priceless.
Not to mention he looked way to big to be in that sink!
Later that evening, the boys were all playing the Wii downstairs and everyone else was upstairs watching a movie. Suddenly I heard Max scream and start running up the stairs. He had been running around like a mad man and fell off the air mattress and hit his head on the floor. There was no blood so after a kiss I sent him back downstairs and told him to settle down. Not 5 minutes later, I heard another scream from Max, this time louder and noticed a trail of blood behind him. Oh crap, I am not very good in situations like this. I could barely look, fearing the worst. The blood was coming from his foot and after Scott, Randy and I looked at it we decided we better take a trip to the ER in Park City. Poor Max, he was really hurting. Randy and Scott loaded him in the car and I stayed back at the cabin with Hank and Sam.
Of course, Randy said Max was so tough and brave. The ER doctor examined him and decided that since the cut was on his foot they would hold off on stitches. Had it been anywhere else on his body it would've required stitches. Max came back to the cabin in good spirits and out of pain. He insisted I instagram his bloody towel. I swear this kid always has me on my toes. He is so accident prone.
Here's a look at the wound up close.
He slept in until 10 the next morning and was ready to get out on the 4 wheeler like nothing had happened.
I have to document Sam's obsession with the "gycles". Every time he heard them start up, he ran to the door screaming "gycle!". He rode for hours without a single complaint. He fits in quite nicely with our family of wheeler riders!
Cousin Teamwork
This picture was taken before one of our last rides of the trip.
It ended up going a little longer than we planned.
Sam switched from from Randy's wheeler to mine half way through.
It must be the mothers touch. He couldn't stay awake a minute more. Driving with a sleeping toddler is a bit of a challenge but I loved having him snuggle up to me like that.
These boys are troopers. They are always down for a good time and they love to go go go!
Other than Max's mishap it was such a great weekend. I went on a little hike one afternoon by myself and I couldn't help but reflect on the last time we were at the cabin. It was just weeks before Jeri's major surgery and breast cancer treatment. It was on that trip we told Hank Grandma had cancer. There was so much uncertainty and fear surrounding us. I'm so happy to be here a year later with Jeri. She is such an incredible woman and the way she handled everything she went through last year is so inspirational to me. I'm so grateful to have her in my life and in my children's lives.
2 comments:
It was a terrific weekend!! The kids were perfect and it was just so much fun having a cabin full of family.
I also reflected on what was getting ready to take place last year when we played at the cabin. I'm so glad that time is past and that I'm still around. Too many FUN things still to do with my kids and grandkids!!
Ugh. And I was just getting over the numbness from Max's wound.... Barf.
Now...let's discuss Sam in the sink. We gotta find a way for him to rock a wet slicked back look 24/7.
Post a Comment