Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mr. Potty Boy



This little munchkin decided to be done with diapers, much to my dismay.  I was fully prepared to potty train him much later in the year but I decided to humor him and see what happened.


As long as he had Wreck-It-Ralph in his corner he could accomplish anything, right?


He insisted I take picture after picture of his new underwear, particularly his butt.






I couldn't believe how quickly he caught on to the whole potty idea.  He did not have one accident the whole first day, not even during his nap or during the night.


Could it really be this easy???


Then he decided to wear Max's underwear and pee like a big boy.


He really is too much this one!  Unfortunately going #2 proved to be much more difficult.  Hank and Max had similar trouble but Sam is turning out to be even more stubborn than his brothers.  Heaven help me!  The poor little dude has been terrified to go.  It has tested my patience like it's probably never been tested before.  


Good thing he's the cutest little buddy I could ever have.


And oh, such a little rat.  I really don't think there has ever been a bigger one...ever.


The hours we have spent on the toilet watching videos on you tube, and playing games on the kindle seemed endless.  He just simply refused to go, no matter how bad his poor little tummy hurt.  I begged, pleaded, bribed and finally had to use some extreme measures to get something going after 5 days without a bowel movement.  I really hope I didn't scar him for life.


After days and days spent at home, I'm happy to say that as of today he finally went #2 on the toilet! 



My little angel did it!  It's very bittersweet for me.  We are officially done with diapers for good at the Griffin house.  I can't believe it!


No comments: