Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recomendations

My heart began to race yesterday as I was paying my bills and noticed August had begun. I have had one of the most enjoyable summers to date and I am not ready for it to end. Here are a few recommendations if you want to finish your summer off with a bang.

#1 Dunk Tank
A summer classic that was a hit with the kids!

Colby

Lucy

Hank (I was a bit slow with the camera, but he got dunked as well)

Drowned RATS!

Max was too little for the dunk tank and utterly pissed off!

#2 Foam Party
Now I realize this one is hard to recreate unless you are lucky enough to live in a city as awesome as Lehi but with a little help from the Fire Department, you too could be part of this craziness!

I lost my kids the second the foam began.

Hank resurfaced after a few minutes looking like this!

Isabel wasn't a fan, although she put a toe in!

Max wasn't a fan either, he was begging for a nap at this point.

#3 Despicable Me


This movie is a MUST this summer. It's so good we saw it twice! Steve Carell is hilarious.

My man Pharrell did the original score for this flick, another reason I loved it.

# 4 Lindon Pool

This pool quickly became our go-to pool of the summer. It never feels too crowded and it has a great mix of baby attractions and things for the older kids to do. They don't care if you bring your own food either, major plus. My kids are becoming little fish this summer, thanks to their amazing swimming teacher Pam. I plan on visiting the pool as often as I can before Labor Day.

#5 The Copper Onion

This little gem is located in the heart of Salt Lake City and came highly recommended by my Uncle Phil. Randy and I had a fantastic night out on the town, thanks to this hip little restaurant. Thanks Phil!

#6 Date night at the Thanksgiving Point Ice Cream Parlor

Isabel and Hank found it to be quite romantic!

#7 Golfing With The Ladies

I have really made it my mission to recruit my sisters, my mom, and my grandma as golfing buddies this summer. My soon to be 80 year old grandma hits a perfect shot every time! Sarah has really made an effort to come out on Thursday nights. Kate even sacrificed her flawless attendance at school to golf with me.

Of course my ladies night golf adventures wouldn't be possible without the most supportive husband on the planet. He even surprised me with a new golf outfit the other day. I really need to figure out how to have my ladies night golf dates as well as a golf night with the men in my life (Randy, Dad, Grandpa).

There you have it...now go out and do something fun today!




4 comments:

sarah said...

I must list my comments...for there are far too many.

1. Was just looking at the picture of us at the swimming pool the other day. Who's the one with down syndrome? Hmm.

2. One day I'll look as cool as mom pulling peace. As for now...remove that picture.

3. Hank's foam picture. Priceless. And...sorry I missed it!

4. Your summer activities look really great. I did notice, however, that there was no mention of spending time with me at my awesome house. Oh wait. You'd have to come over here first.

5. Remember when you told me to go back to work full time today?

Collette Griffin said...

Oh man! Hopefully there will be some additional fun things in store for the end of August when we visit. I wish I was there to golf with the ladies. Also, I die over that picture of Max...pissed off! Man I love that kid.

Robyn Cox said...

"Cheers" to Summer! It has been a good one! Let's live it up for a few more weeks. That Lindon pool looks like a wonderful place to hang out. Jackie is too cool for words--love her!

Jessie said...

Seriously!!! I've said it before... What about Wii and SpongeBob. That's what we do. Why have I not been invited to all your fun??? You can join us in all our fun. Just bring a Wii remote!