Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wet Weekend!

Friday night, Randy and I decided to check our timeshare availability so we could take the kids somewhere overnight.  We found a 2 bedroom condo in Bear Lake open on Saturday night so we booked it and packed our bags Saturday morning.  I love spontaneous road trips.  Before we ventured out of town we went to Hank's last soccer game.

Despite the dark clouds looming overhead, Hank had a big crowd present to cheer him on.  My mom and dad were there as well as Jeri and Scott.  Hank was sprinting extra fast for them!

 Unfortunately the rain ruined their last game and they only got to play one quarter.  They had such a fun season and a great team.  Their coach was very intense to say the least but he made sure all the kids had a great experience.  The assistant coach did a fabulous job subbing players in and out.  He is a master with the stop watch.
After a quick stop to Chick-Fil-A and the Halloween store, we were on our way to Garden City.
The drive up Logan Canyon was spectacular.

The kids were overjoyed with our accommodations.  We had 2 huge bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen for them to run wild in.  They claimed the master bedroom to be theirs.
 Hank couldn't wait to try out the pool.

 Since it rained nearly the entire time we were there, we hung out at the indoor pool 90% of the trip.

 Vacations RULE!

 Classic father and son photo

 Remember how I spent a fortune on private swimming lessons for the kids this summer?  Remember how well they were both swimming just 2 months ago?  Hmmmmmmm.....

 It appears they completely forgot what they learned.  Hank was scared to death when Randy made him swim to the side and Max wouldn't even get his face wet.  Awesome.  Money well spent.

Post swimming we headed to a nearby pizza joint.  Max fell asleep in approximately 20 seconds and didn't move from this position the entire time we ate. 
 After watching The Boy Who Cried Werewolf, (a classic) the boys crashed and didn't move until 8 the next morning.  They woke Randy and I up with swimming suits in hand.
Of course we agreed, I mean what else are you going to do at 8:30 in the morning?

Hank could swim all day long, his brother on the other hand was ready to go back to the room after an hour.

 He refused to wear his wet swim suit outside so he we just wore a sweatshirt and his running shoes, a look only Mino can pull off.

 Hank and I stayed awhile longer and had to take a picture to prove I was in fact on this trip!

 After we checked out we ate at a classic small town diner.  I  tried desperately to get the boys to walk by the lake with me but the rain and cold wind was enough to deter them.  They preferred the warm car to a frolic on the shore with their mom, oh well, maybe next time.  It was nice to relax and get away even if it was only for a day.  Family time is the greatest.  I love my boys!

3 comments:

sarah said...

So many classic pictures in this post! I think Mino should just wear that sweatshirt and his running shoes for his Halloween costume!
I'm sort (make that REALLY) jealous that you got away for the weekend. Wouldn't it be nice....
Maybe next time Brett and his family go to California...they'll invite ME!!! Even you guys invited me on your getaway!
(I'm not bitter. Wait, yes I am)

Max and Hank are lucky to have such a fun mom an pop!

Lucky 7s said...

Great pictures! Your kids will always remember the great times together as a family.

rick said...

Did you know that the "crew" at the national wetland inventory just mapped bear lake? It's a pretty sweet wetland. Word