Friday, October 8, 2010

What a difference 2 weeks makes!

It's hard to believe 2 weeks ago we were up at Primary Children's Hospital, hoping and praying to get home as soon as possible.  Hank's blood tests were improving when we left but still not normal so obviously I've been a bit anxious and nervous about how he is recovering. We got home and resumed life as usual, perhaps a bit more paranoid life, but Hank went to school, Taekwondo, and his soccer game.

 
He didn't miss a beat!  His soccer team was so excited to have him back on the field.

 He even scored a goal early in the first half.

I tried really hard not to freak out every time he fell down or acted tired.
On Sunday, we spent some quality family time together.  We went on a long bike ride, ran around at the park, and enjoyed a nice 3D movie.

 He cruised along the bike trail with the same speed he always does.  

 Max didn't do too shabby either on his new Lightning McQueen bike.  Yes he is riding in his jammies!

Hank has been acting really good as you can see, yet I haven't been able to relax.  I've been so worried that things were going to go wrong again. This whole experience has left me terrified and anxious.  Yesterday Hank had some blood taken again, much to his dismay.  I have bad memories of American Fork Hospital thanks to an incorrect diagnosis 3weeks ago.  He met with his pediatrician today to discuss the results and I'm so relieved and excited to say things are improving!  His blood pressure is good and they are going to discuss taking him off his meds in a few weeks.  His kidneys are functioning much better and his red blood cell count has gone up.  In fact, every area they checked has drastically improved from 2 weeks ago. They will continue to do blood tests every 2 weeks for the next few months until things are completely normal.  Our doctor is very encouraged with Hanks progress.  He expects even better results from his next blood test.  I can breathe a bit easier now. 
Oh yes, and we had his parent teacher conference last night I'm happy to report that Hank is a genius with lots of friends. No surprise there!

6 comments:

huggin said...

"A genius with lots of friends." I love that statement with every fiber of my being

Kate said...

Love the action shots, I can see why he doesn't like to take off his shin guards--they really complete any outfit. We're planning to come see him in action tomorrow. Great news from the doc, too! Happy day!

sarah said...

Can't believe I wasn't the first to comment! Ive practically been doing everything in my power to pretend I was hanging out with you today. No more babysitting...you're mine ,you hear?

Now let's discuss adorable Hank and how he looks 18....really! He better be warned for high school- I can tell you one aunt who will be scaring all the ladies who come around for him off! And...really...are you even surprised about his status at school? So relieved about the dr. Maybe now I can quit binge drinking the diet coke and goldfish (yes DRINKING).

jackiewankier said...

There are no words to express how grateful and happy I am that Hank is doing so well....music to this grandma's ears! Those action shots of him are total tits!....seems like things are back to normal, at least for this, the 8th of October, 2010!

Jennikunz said...

"9 times, he's been absent 9 times, 9 times" eh, 9 times doesnt mean anything when you're a genius.

Lucky 7s said...

Nothing could be better than Hank getting better AND so fast!! What a kid!!