Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandma Joanne

I am so sad this morning.   My sweet Grandma Joanne, aka Grandma Gaga, passed away last night.  It all happened so fast.  I woke up this morning trying to decide if it really happened.  I can't believe she is gone.  I don't think I've ever had so many emotions going through my body at once.  Not only did I lose my grandma unexpectedly, but just as she is gone, I am bringing another life into the world in just 3 days.  I really wanted her to see this little guy.  She gave us all a laugh by calling him Cruncher instead of Crusher.  It blows my mind that we are planning a birth and a funeral in the same week.  My mind is jumbled with memories and disbelief right now.  I have no witty commentary, just pictures of my family with my beautiful grandma.

 










Grandma, I have learned so much from you.  I am so blessed to have had you in my life for the past 31 years.  There is a void in my heart that can never be filled.  I know a big part of you died when grandpa passed and I find so much comfort knowing you are together again.  I will never, ever forget you, our conversations, your poetry, your sense of humor, your ability to stay strong through the toughest adversity, and your undying love for your family.  I am inspired every day by you, my beautiful grandma.  I love you.

5 comments:

Jennikunz said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandma. So glad you have so many pictures and memories. She was such a fantasic woman. My heart is broken for you. Let me know if you need anything. Love you!

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry Annie. Hang in there. We love you.

sarah said...

Annie...what a perfect tribute. Your pictures are so wonderful- and capture her so perfectly. I too keep wondering if all of this is really happening. We are all incredibly lucky, though, to be able to welcome Crusher into our family... it's like grandma and grandpa are getting him all ready for his appearance TOMORROW, and then they'll be right there with you as he comes into this world.
I'm so sorry that things happened this way...but if our sweet grandma and grandpa taught us anything, it's that we can do hard things.

Love her so much, and I miss her terribly already. Your words could not have been more perfect, and I can only hope to post something as heartfelt and fitting.

Love you, sis. Can't wait for baby...and you know I'll be around for ANY and EVERYthing.

Anne Marie said...

Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. That was a beautiful post. I'll be thinking about you in the next few days as you welcome your sweet little boy! Hang in there. I'm right across the street if you need anything at all. Love you.

Lucky 7s said...

Grandma Joanne was such a lovely lady. I feel lucky to have known her. She was always so sweet and fun to visit with. Your pictures are precious and your tribute was touching. I am so very sad for you and your family. I love you-