Saturday, September 24, 2011

Max is FOUR!


I can't believe my little Maxi is 4!  I must say, being a big brother brings out the best in him.  Sam is so content in his arms which helps me out immensely.

 Max's birthday celebrations began a day early at preschool.  I arrived for the last 15 minutes of class to share a poster all about Max and treats for the class.  I had a chance to watch Max for a few minutes before he realized I was there and he was so cute.  He was minding Miss Molly and participating.  I love it!

 He got all dressed up like a cowboy and the class sang happy birthday to him.
 What a little stud!  He got to keep the hat and bandanna, I think he needs to wear it all the time.
The next morning was his birthday and Hank was bummed he had to go to school.  We opened Max's gifts before Hank left.  Hank picked out Max's favorite present of the day.

 Pop the Pig

 Max also got some Ninja Turtle movies, a Max and Ruby book, a baseball pitching machine, and Donkey Kong for the Wii.
 Max wanted Chick-Fil-A for lunch so we called our usual lunch group (mom, Sarah, and Jack) and they were there in 5 minutes!

 He enjoyed a birthday Diet Coke.

 As well as some quality time with Jack in the play place.  Good thing Sarah was around to put the smack down on all the annoying kids bothering Max and Jack.
We had time to rest for a bit before Max's birthday party at Jump On It with the rest of the family.

 Max loves the foam pit.

 My sweet little Isabel.  The kids were jumping fools and having a great time but Max had one thing on his mind...birthday cake.
I can't really blame him since it was a really delicious looking cake but the other kids weren't quite ready.  Max was pissed.

 I snapped this picture seconds before Max swatted the camera out of my hands sending it crashing into the concrete floor and breaking it.  It's a good thing it was his birthday or I might have beat him right on the spot.  Luckily Jeri had her camera on hand to capture the rest of the party.  The ironic thing was he never actually touched his cake.  He was too busy drinking his fresca with a spoon.  Go figure.

I think he should've wished for a new camera for his mom.
Or perhaps a mom without a paralyzed face.  How freaky do I look! 
 Lynn and Jenni

 Scott and Jeri
 Dad and Sam

 Max couldn't wait to tear into his presents.  Man, our family knows Mino well!  The gifts were perfection.

 He got a new DS from my mom and dad, star wars figures and a wii game from Jeri and Scott, as well as hot wheels and other little toys from Colby and Dyson.
 Hank was so eager to help Max rip into his presents.

 The Ross family hit the mark with this Raphael costume.  Max had to wear it within 5 seconds of opening it.
He couldn't see out of his mask but he refused to take it off.
 Sarah also blew Max's mind with this General Grevious mask.  He refused to actually speak the rest of the night.  He would just simply push the button on the mask and have Grevious do the talking.

I love this picture.  Raphael jumping with Hank captures the night perfectly.  Max is certainly one of a kind!  I can't imagine our family without him in it.  There is never a dull moment when Max is around.  Now that Hank is at school all day, I really love the one on one time I get to spend with him.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to be his mom.  Happy birthday my little buddy.  I love you!
 OMG--I just have to include this picture because it is so sad/hilarious/disturbing.  Please Bell's Palsy, go away.  That is my attempt at a smile, hahaha.  I am so hot!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

What a fun birthday!!! Looks like he had a great time. I can't believe he is already four. Happy Birthday Max!!!!

Anne Marie said...

What a fun birthday for cute Max! I can't believe he is 4 already (and that means Abby will be 4 next week!!).

Also, I'm sorry about the Bell's Palsy. That just plain sucks. My cousin got it a few years ago right after she had a baby, too. Of all the stupid luck!!

Lucky 7s said...

What a fun party! I can't believe its been 4 years... WOW is all I can say!! I sure love that little guy. He is one of a kind!

Jennikunz said...

Oh dear Annie! I love your sense of humor. Glad we can laugh at adversity! Max's bday was super fun! Sure love that wild little guy!

sarah said...

My deepest apologies for the delay.

There are way too many photos worth commenting on/blowing up to poster size here. Where does one even begin????

Mino head. Mino head. Oh his mug. While turtle gevious takes a close second- Max as a cowboy takes the cake! I'll pay him anything to get him to dress like that daily.

The party and post were perfect tributes to such a priceless little boy! He's lucky you're his mama...bells palsy and all!! (you sorry little sap!)

Tiffany said...

THat cake is Awesome! The party looked so fun! What a cutie, happy birthday Max. Sorry to hear you got Bell's Palsy, crappy. You still look fabulous and little Sam is so sweet.