We are deep in the heart of Hank's basketball season and loving it! He started playing Jr. Jazz and has a great little team. Most of the kids live in our neighborhood which makes carpooling to practice much easier!
He has had lots of practice time between his Jr. Jazz team and his Dimpledell team and it is paying off. He is playing really well this season.
He is fiercely intense and highly competitive which makes for an exiting game every time.
I love to watch him play! Almost as much as my dad. After one of Hank's games in Salt Lake my dad and Hank had an intense starring contest.
Loser buys lunch...sorry dad!
Lucy has been to quite of few of Hank's Salt Lake games and they got extra close on this particular ride home.
As crazy as having basketball practice at 5:50 in the morning is, I love my early morning trips to the gym with Hank. I am inspired by his dedication and love for the game. All 8 of these boys show up to every practice. It is seriously impressive.
It makes my early morning runs much more fun when I have Hank to entertain me on the way to the gym and back. It really is a dream come true for me. I love having boys!
On the topic of loving being a mom to boys...they begged me to play a game of dunk ball with them downstairs one night. It quickly turned in to a free for all game including many fouls and craziness. Hank threw me a pass and as I went for the dunk, Randy came from out of nowhere to block it, inadvertently slamming me into the wall and sending my knee through the sheet rock! My street cred with my boys went up exponentially. I can't believe with all the injuries that have occurred in the basement that it was my knee making the first hole in the wall. I also must add that I realized in that instant how much my boys love me. They were so worried I was hurt. They were also mad at Randy which was hilarious.
The other night Hank said he felt like doing an animal report. He got on the computer, found some great pictures and interesting facts and put together a report about lions and polar bears. Randy asked me what kid wants to do a report for no reason...my response ME as a kid! Proud moment right there.
James has been helping out with the varsity basketball team at Westlake High School this year so we've taken our family to a few games. I can't believe Hank and Max are already too cool to sit by their parents! Hank loves watching these games. I can't help but imagine watching him play high school ball in just a few short years. It's a crazy thought but it will be here before I know it. My first born is about to turn 9! How is that possible? I couldn't be more proud of him. He is an incredible kid and I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be his mom. He has so much confidence at a young age and has an energy that everyone is drawn to. It is such a thrill for me to watch him grow up. I just wish he would slow down the growing up a little!
No comments:
Post a Comment