Saturday, September 13, 2014

Old Friends


Sadly, it takes a tragic event to bring some of my dearest friends together.  My long time friend Darby lost her little brother Chris to an accidental overdose.  Even though we haven't seen each other very regularly, we rally around each other when we need it the most.  There is such a strong bond that comes with your childhood friends.  We share so many memories and it's so comforting to know we always have each other.


We also have impecable taste in flowers.


Annalisa and I had a little chuckle as we tried to transport this massive vase to Darb.  It was nice to find any comic relief at such a tragic time.  I realize we all lead very busy lives and have families of our own but I really want to make more of an effort to be a better friend.  It shouldn't take a death in the family for me to finally show up.  These girls and their friendship mean so much to me.  I know Darby is going to need friends more than ever in the upcoming weeks and months and I am going to be there.  

No comments: