Friday, October 17, 2008

Most Original Idea Ever!

It's UEA weekend, so that means my sisters are off work...hurray! Thanks to my cousin Robin, I got the genius idea to go to Gardner Village to see the witches. She had pictures on her blog and it looked so fun, however, I wasn't the only one with that plan. I've never seen so many people crammed into one small area. We spent the first two hours getting our food and as we were eating I noticed how much fun the kids weren't having. Thanks to my sisters, we turned it around and managed to have fun despite the insane crowds. Sarah took the kids on a scavenger hunt and then they all wanted to have their faces painted.

We waited for 45 minutes for the pony ride but the kids were so patient it was amazing. Great practice for Disneyland!

Hank's horse was 1/2 the size of the other horses! I don't know why this picture makes me laugh. The best part of the day was the tractor ride--they had a witch telling stories and there was no line! Max was asleep in the stroller at this point (thanks to Sarah).


There were a few times during the day I wondered why put myself in these situations. Then I look at this precious little face and it's all worth it. The weather was beautiful and it was so fun to be with my sisters and my sweet little nieces.

8 comments:

sarah said...

i love the many sides to hank. as i see that angelic picture...he also gives off a great flare of "satan."

sarah said...

did i leave my teddy bear t shirt in your car?

Jessie said...

Sorry. I should've warned you that G.V. is not the ideal kid adventure. Crystal, my mom, and I went on Thurs all by ourselves and it was just lovely! Next time you want to go I'll watch your kids!

Robyn Cox said...

Glad to see you did the Gardner's Village thing. There were quite a few people there on Thursday too, but we managed to have fun. We didn't go the petting zoo thing or the face painting. Sorry I didn't warn you about the crowd...maybe Friday was worse than Thursday.

hayleyrowan said...

such cute pictures. i was cracking up about hank and his friend not knowing each others names! so funny.

rick said...

wow is hank kidding me in that first picture? what a sexy man!

Matthew Lisonbee said...

Hey Annie,
Saw Randy in the hall at church with your darling boys. How are you anyhow? One of these days we really do need to get together. Hope you and your sweet family are well.
Ash-

huggin said...

oh my gosh. Hank is out of control. He dominated that horse. And that final picture? Wow... too cute for his own good. I miss me some little griffin boys.