I am still recovering from last weeks activities. Rusty, Rick, and Collette came into town for Thanksgiving on Wednesday and we spent as much time as we could with them. I had really good intentions on Thanksgiving to document all the food and family but I lost steam after our first Thanksgiving feast. We managed to eat two fantastic meals with my family and Randy's family. I couldn't have asked for more! Instead of my usual witty recap after each picture I will keep it brief. I'm lacking creativity and energy tonight.
I love my family.
Mom and her beloved bird.
A thing of beauty.
Dad managed to carve the turkey and clean the blade on his clean shirt at the same time.
Perfection
The ladies enjoying pie while the men watched football.
Love was in the air.
We need Danna to finish this family picture.
Tryptophan induced nap...oh wait, he failed to taste the turkey.
Angry Birds on the Ipad = Hank's idea of heaven on earth
Awake and full of hell.
Next stop was Scott and Jeri's home. I apologize for my lame recap for Jeri's Thanksgiving. She pulled off dinner for 30 like a champion. The food was delicious and once we were sufficiently stuffed things quickly got loud and out of control.
The kids love to wrestle with Uncle Rick.
The rest of the week was dedicated to Grandma Dot who passed away earlier the week before. The viewing and the funeral were beautiful and a perfect tribute to her. She would've loved every minute of it. I was lucky to know her over the past 11 years. She has been a constant at every birthday party, summer BBQ, Christmas Eve party and Sunday dinner. I will miss her beautiful voice breaking out into song whenever the mood struck her. She always treated me as if I was one of her granddaughters. Every time I told her good bye she would tell me she loved me.
I love you Grandma.
Max managed to have a tender moment with Grandma Jeri and lift her spirits before the funeral.
Needless to say it was a very emotional and tiring week. I'm feeling the let down this week. It was so great to have our Portland family here. Somehow Collette managed to escape my camera last week but I swear her and her baby to be were here! It's amazing how as one life ends, a new life is beginning. It gives me hope at an especially hard time.
These two manage to make me smile every single day. They are the biggest blessing in my life. Two short months ago Hank was recovering from a life threatening illness, and now he is healthier than ever. He took 2nd place out of the entire kindergarten in the turkey trot race at school. He amazes me. I have so much to be thankful for. After I took this picture, Hank told me it needed to go on the blog!
3 comments:
Needed to go on the blog, indeed! That picture is so great! Well, sis, you might think your Thanksgiving recap was weak....but you really outdid me...I didn't take ONE picture! You had so many great ones! That first one of your fam could be your Xmas card!
So thankful we finally got to eat with you on Thanksgiving and thankful everyday that Hank is back to his old self!!
I'm not thankful, however, that you work today. Boo!!!!!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving. I agree with Sarah I think you and Jessie should quit your jobs so that we could all go play.
I can't believe I just now read this post. I'm thinking November and December I was a little out of it. Thanksgiving was so great and I was so grateful to have everyone there. I'm especially grateful for you and Randy living close and being here for me when things were difficult. I love you!
Post a Comment