Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love a holiday centered around gratitude. As usual we began our celebrations a couple days early and continued on through the weekend. I volunteered to help with Max's Thanksgiving Feast at preschool. The pilgrims totally ate fritos, cheese cubes, and oranges...right?
I got to preview their Christmas program as well. I love to watch Max during preschool. He is such a shy little thing. He always participates though.
This is the entire class and all I can say is God bless Miss Molly. She has the patience of a saint. I am very thankful she is Max's teacher. After the party Max and I sat down with Miss Molly for a parent teacher conference. I was a little shocked when she said he reminds her so much of Hank. She praised him for always paying attention, following directions, listening well, and being kind to all the kids in class. He knows all his letters and the sounds they make (thanks to Letter Factory). I am so proud of my Mino-man and thankful every day he is my little boy.
The next day Rick came to town. My kids were giddy to wake him up. No wonder they love their Uncle Rick. He played with them non-stop the entire week. He even broke out the science experiment kit and hosted a science show on his iphone. The kids were completely entertained, as was I!
It's become a tradition to head to Grandma and Grandpa Griffin's the night before Thanksgiving for games and pie. Grandpa Griffin loves babies, especially Sam.
Of course we had a skit to read. It was about the pilgrims and the Indians.
It wouldn't be a grandma Griffin hosted event without some ridiculous games. Everyone got a good laugh at my bells palsy face trying to get a cookie in my mouth from my forehead. Sorry no pictures.
Rusty, Collette, and Owen traveled from Wisconsin. Owen and Sam instantly hit it off.
Auntie Collette had her hands full of babies. Owen, Lennon, and Sam will be best of friends.
There is never a dull moment with all the new additions. They have many willing arms to hold them.
Grandpa Griff and Sam Randall
On Thanksgiving day the boys played in the annual Turkey Bowl. It's slowly being taken over by the kids. They had a blast. Hank was completely pissed off I wouldn't let him wear his jersey clothes to dinner. I was determined to get a family picture if it killed me, and it nearly did.
Between my bells palsy, Sam's sad face, and Max's refusal to stop crying, I'd say this is a pretty classic photo. This illustrates the mayhem of trying to look like we have it all together.
Jeri hosted the Thanksgiving feast at her house. It was delicious.
Max ate one roll all day long.
Lots of deep conversation with these three. Also lots of Chess With Friends...constant iphone playing.
Dyson and Hank
These two took a break from slaving away in the kitchen. Lennon looked like this the entire day!
Jenni and Colbs
Collette and Owen
Rick and Rusty
Lynn and Dyson
Randy and Owen
Now for some precious moments with Sam
I am so thankful to have the in-laws I do. They are an intense group and there is never a dull moment. Their love and support for my little family is pretty awesome. It was so great having everyone in town.
After some heated debates about politics, we headed up to my mom and dad's for a bit. I didn't take many pictures up there but my mom and dad hosted a very beautiful dinner as well.
Kate quickly snatched Sam out of my arms.
The kids had their own little party downstairs.
Isabel and Lucy can't get enough of their newest cousin.
They are such little mothers. I'm so glad we had time to visit with my family on Thanksgiving. Kate and Randy had big plans to go door busting but then they got home and decided sleep sounded like a much better option. I am so thankful for my family and the close proximity we all live to each other.
We had many more family gatherings throughout the weekend. Sam continued to prove he is the most easy going kid around.
Max continued to prove he absolutely HATES having his picture taken.
Proud Grandma
Rick and Jeri and Owen
Kunz and Sam
Rusty had to demonstrate his professional swaddling job. Lennon didn't dare to break it.
Collette and Hank
Grandma Jeri really wanted a picture with all her great grandkids so we headed back to her house. Max wasn't cooperating but I told him Sam was scared and he needed to hold his hand. That's all it took to get him to remain calm and get his picture taken.
Max is a baby lover. Nothing can turn his sour mood around like holding a baby.
Randy had to do a signature face for the pic.
We said our good-bye's to Rusty, Collette, and Owen and had one more day to enjoy with Rick. Too bad Hank was barfing the entire day and I was on high alert.
Rick had some quality bonding time with Sam. These two are buds for sure. The youngest have to stick together. I am thankful for all the obvious things I've stated throughout this post but there is one thing I think everyone should be thankful for...
Their facial nerve! It's such a delicate thing I've taken for granted my entire life until it decided to stop working 10 weeks ago. I promise if it ever decides to start working again, I will be thankful every day for it. I suppose it's time to start getting into Christmas mode.
4 comments:
I am indeed thankful for my facial nerve...but not as thankful as I am for you, your boys, and your blog that gives me something worth reading!
If only your Thanksgiving included more Wankier! I will say, however, your appearance at moms was the highlight of jack's day-- and mine!
Can I just copy and paste this to my blog? Perfect recap!
Wow Annie, I am exhausted just from reading this post! You amaze me! Sam is just delightful to look at....what a darling little baby! Being close to family really is the best----we must make the most of it and you guys certainly do! Can't wait to see everyone at the Christmas party.....Hope Santa remembers the gifts this year! :) That was awesome!
Thanks for your always GREAT coverage of the family events!! It was a fun week and I thought one of the best Thanksgivings! I sure do love you and your cute family~
Post a Comment