Sunday, July 8, 2012

10 months



Sam turned 10 months old last week.  At the rate we're going, he is going to be one before I know it.  Blows my mind.  Although he isn't walking yet, he gets himself into mischief on a constant basis.  He is crawling, exploring, pulling himself up to things and walking around them, crawling up the stairs, and putting nearly everything he can find in his mouth. He is cutting an upper tooth but it's not the front one, more like his canine tooth, little vampire baby!  The pool is his favorite place to be these days.  There is no water fear at all.  Even when his face goes completely under, he smiles and keeps playing.  Sam has all the confidence in the world that he can swim.  It makes it a bit challenging to watch at the pool.  I'm always on high alert!  He sleeps like an angel and smiles constantly.  I couldn't be luckier to have such a mild mannered baby.  He is truly a dream.

Here is a prime example of him getting into trouble.  This is his preferred stance in the tub these days.  He doesn't like to lounge, he must be busy at all times.
He has the most adorable giggle.  He is extremely ticklish, especially his feet, under his chin, and his armpits.
I can't resist that squeal.
When Sam looks at you, he really looks into your eyes, your soul.  He loves to study every little detail of your face, your hair, or your jewelry.

He loves eating everything but his bottle.  He has completely lost interest in it.  It takes way too long to drink and he has things to do.  Occasionally he will let us hold him while he eats it but most of the time Max ends up feeding him in the car or he drinks it in his crib.  I think he would be happy to transition to sippy cups.  I'm not ready for that yet!  He needs to be a baby longer.

He is so pleasant to be around.  You can't help but smile in his presence.  I love this stage of exploration and expressiveness.  Everything is so exciting to a baby at this age.  Being his mother is an absolute joy.  Love you Sammy-boy!

1 comment:

sarah said...

What a doll. I can't believe we're to TEN months already! At least he only gets more and more amazing every month that goes by. What a likable kid, sheesh.